Sunday, November 1, 2009

That Luang Festival

I live about 2 blocks (5 minute walk) from That Luang Stupa- the national symbol of Laos- and today is the final day of the major event of the year- the That Luang Festival. This morning I left my place with some friends at about 6 am to observe thousands giving offerings (food, money, flowers) to monks from all over Laos. Tonight there will be a candle-lit procession. It's an incredible opportunity to learn about values and cultural tradition, etc... As I watch thousands of candles lit around this famous temple, I am going to ask for Light to shine here.

Take a 3 minute peek at this video which gives you a better idea of what's going on today in Vientiane, Laos (and my neighborhood) and please remember this nation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJyXvXtJyfM

No comments: