Monday, December 13, 2010

Spelling Winner

I have seen quite interesting spelling variations of different English words the past two years of teaching English, but I think this one tops them all. In one of the beginner classes this past term, we studied some new vocabulary, and on the test, there were pictures and students had to write the new word next to the picture.

Beside the picture of a CAMERA, I found the following word: Amberenlar.

*Note: I am not making fun. Spelling is probably one of the hardest things for me in Lao- my writing is atrocious! Yet, the fun in language learning is enjoying the errors... and this one brought a big smile to my face. :)

2 comments:

David and Kristi said...

So excited to have found your blog. Love you and miss you to death! Just love blogs, they make me feel like a part of your life even though we are so far away!
I agree with you...you have to laugh when learning a new language. If you can't laugh, forget it!

Anonymous said...

:)
Love you,
momma