Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Church

I've been processing a lot about church these days... I think that coming back to the U.S. after three years away from the North American worship setting is one cause of that. And the reality of what church looks like in other countries is so incredibly different to what the reality is here. And yet, there are many similar basics. It's hard for me to put words to it. And while I have grown up in church and think I know what it is, I still find myself with lots of questions. In the end, I mostly long for the day when the Bridegroom will come for His church... because until then, it will always be messy because it's made up of people- fallen people.

This week I got caught on a verse in Acts and keep mulling it over in my mind. Seriously, it's really powerful. There is a lot in there, so I encourage you to "mull" it over, too. :) I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

How awesome would it be if this were reality today, and not just when these words were written?

Acts 9:31 (ESV)
So the church throughout all Judea and Galilee and Samaria had peace and was being built up. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, it multiplied.

No comments: