Monday, December 14, 2009

And...

While pictures are loading quite nicely, I'm going to post 2x today :)

This is our NEW road which goes to Candlelight Language Center where I study now and will soon teach. In an earlier post, I showed a picture of half of the road paved- and now both sides are done with a spiffy median with little trees! Every day I drive on this road I get a big smile and am thankful to have a smooth ride, as it was a bumpy dirt road just before I came. Thank you Laos (and SEA Games)!

Here's my little sister playing on my motorbike. She wanted to wear my helmet too, but it was HUGE on her head- too cute. I can't get enough of her...

My little sister LOVES to do funky hairdos on me, and she LOVES to take pictures with my camera. So here you can see some of her work :) I don't remember what was so funny that night, but my Lao mom and I really got the giggles. Kip took this picture in the little motorbike repair shop in front of their home.

This is my new friend, and Lao tutor, Bee. We've been meeting a few times a week in the afternoons to practice additional conversation. She's very sweet and gracious. We decided to go check out the stadium for the SEA games... you can see track athletes practicing behind us.


This is my handsome nephew Sam! We got to hang out this summer. He will be a year and half soon, and he is going to be a big brother to my second nephew- coming this March :) I love and miss my family lots while living in Laos, especially over the holidays...

But this year, I have a wonderful gift. Miss Jenny B. is comin' to spend the holidays with me, and that is going to really help with homesickness!! I am bursting with excitement to take the night train to Bangkok tomorrow with my teammate Calah (who is also picking up her parents for the holidays). AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! This will be a one-of-a-kind Christmas to remember!

Trust you have a WONDERFUL Christmas celebrating the best gift of all- our Wonderful Counselor, Mighty G, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace.

1 comment:

DeMo said...

Oh my. Laos won't know what hit them when Jenny arrives. :) Have fun!