Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sweetness

Yesterday I got to dye Easter eggs with some of my little teammates. It was so hot... we had to wipe sweat off the eggs! And after we were finished, we used the leftover dye on some white T-shirts... fun times as an "auntie/teammate."


Today I got to spend almost 5 hours with my Lao family- eating fruit I bought from a sweet old fruit cart man, playing games, eating lunch together, making bracelets with my little sister, and drinking coconut juice... from a coconut chopped down from a tree in their backyard... fun times as an "older sister/daughter."

And tonight I got to hang out with three of my Hmong students/friends (two of whom have been dating for about 8 years now). They brought dinner over to my place and we ate on a mat on the floor and played UNO. They shared the sweet news with me that they would like to have their wedding before I leave in June!!!! ... fun times as a "teacher/friend."

1 comment:

David and Kristi said...

Sounds like you are having such a great time! Keep making those memories!!!