Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A few of her favorite things . . .

It's unreal to think my grandma has been in the presence of her Savior for three years now! I've been thinking about her lots recently, and there's a strange comfort in thinking about things she loved:

ICE CREAM

FACE RUBS

SLEEPOVERS

I miss her, but I'm so happy she's home. I'm thankful for little reminders of her life... like using her wooden clothespins to hang my clothes to dry in Laos, making her famous cookie recipes, or playing "Like a River Glorious" on the piano. Most of all, I'm grateful for the spiritual legacy she blessed our family with- a priceless gift.

3 comments:

dawn said...

beautiful tribute, Suz. I didn't know her, but she was a special lady, i can tell.

Anonymous said...

This is so thoughtful and appreciated by your momma sweet girl. The memories become sweeter and I am so thankful that we all had her for as many years as we did. I miss her so much and so often want to tell her things or ask her a question. She prayed for all of us so faithfully and I love using some of her things too...funny little things like her blush brush...her little cinnamon/sugar shaker, the 1/2 gallon milk holder, and of course her cherished flower of the month cups and saucers and "luncheon" plates as she called them. Grandpa Meier gave those to her over many years and she loved those. Ok...so now I'm crying and wish you were here for a hug but thank you for this very sweet post. love you so much, momma

Anonymous said...

this was touching and sweet...you are a keeper , princess...love you...Aunt Ruthie